Individual and expert growth assists us to search for ideas regarding ways to improve work performance. Often times we wait for the year to end in order for us to then assess our performance.Then can we tell aspects about our work performance for which we need to work to improve.
Rather, set yourself to have routine goals that serve as a guide throughout the year.
Life in itself is full of knowledge. Knowledge at the workplace then helps in gaining confidence and growth in the right way.
Seen here are top 11 ways that can help you, if you are searching for ways to improve your performance.
1) Be a good listener.Give yourself a chance to assess how you listen. Are you a culprit who interrupts verbal communications? Good listening strategies cause fewer errors and increase productivity
2) Quit doing so many things at the same time.Most of us are guilty on this. Previously I used to do so many things at the same time.
I was quite happy I could do a lot of things at the same time. To be honest my accuracy was affected. Multi tasking can make you overly anxious, cause errors and make you slow. Don’t be a jack of all trades and master of none. Perfect one task first.
3) Don't be shy to ask questionsContinuously put yourself to the test, “Are there better ways to get them same results using fewer resources?”Ask yourself or your team. Asking questions gives you the opportunity to do self-assessment. There are always better ways to achieve better results.
4) Manage disturbances that cannot be avoided.We may be so soaked up with work it is normal to forget the couple of occasions we get disturbee during the day. From customers, co-workers, supervisors, friends etc.
Here is a great solution to control your disturbances. Plan ahead your response to them before they get you interrupted.
5) Do tasks to completionIt is easy to begin a task than to finish it. Sadly, most of us begin well and complete badly. Run through things you had gotten started for which they never got completed.
Make a list of all tasks you have planned doing and see them finished before coming up with some new ones.
6) Celebrate your achievements.
The path to finishing a huge task may seem daunting. Don’t allow that to keep you from celebrating your achievements. Break huge tasks into units and set individual performance benchmarks to keep you on track. Reward yourself when goals have been achieved.
7) See through the spectacles of your boss.Position yourself in a way you see the goings of the business as your boss does. Look at the goals from their point of view. One of the main ways is finding out what drives them. Politely start a conversation, “What is the direction of the company this month? or “What must I in order for me to excel in my position?
8) Get a guide/be a guideBoost your performance with a career guide- mentor. A mentor can bring the spark back in your work. Being under a mentor can increase your thinking and offer you ideas to sharpen you up.
The other way is also true.
Remember the teacher also learns from the student in the classroom. So is it in the workplace. Open yourself up to coach others who look up to. By guiding them, you help in developing yourself professionally.
9) Plan well and set preferencesSet day-by-day list of work to-do list in order of importance. and follow it. Make the first and second on the list the main targets for the day.
Make sure your to-do list is achievable, performance oriented and ultimately helps the business .
Use Google Keep or Wunderlist app on your phone to schedule priorities.
10) Stay away from disturbancesThe ability to be attentive to details is one key attribute of successful individuals. Our performance on a job is at it best when we are attentive. Finish one task before doing the other. Also know when to answer the phone.
The most distractive device at the workplace is the cell phone. Are you in the middle of a task and sending unofficial messages to friends ?
11) Practice humility.Do not be boastful about achievements. Hold extreme respect for everyone including the security man at the gate.
For you to succeed at the workplace one of the things you need is being passionate about your job. You would not be driven to excel if you do not love what you do.